Welcome to Early Years
We hope you enjoy our web page
We think we are fantastic but Ofsted thought so too!
Ofsted January 2019 found Early years to be GOOD
"Adults have built trusting relationships with children and their families. They have established a nurturing atmosphere in which children are well looked after. Staff compliment this with clear routines and high expectations of the children`s behaviour. As a result children cooperate well with each other and their behaviour is good."
"The quality of teaching in the early years is now effective."
"The children make strong progress."
"The early years leaders have identified priorities for improvement and have acted quickly to address these areas."
"Children find activities on offer enticing, because of this, they remain focused for extended periods of time."
Our current topic is...…
WILD places and animals
We will be comparing cold and hot climates. We will find out about the jungle, the Africa Savannah and the polar regions.
The children will find out about different wild animals and their habitats.
They will find out what happens when liquids are frozen.
They will also read a range of fictional texts about wild and wonderful creatures, such as.....
The Tiger Who Came To Tea
Where The Wild Things Are
We re Going On A Bear Hunt.
We will also learn about Chinese New Year
This weeks WOW and STAR
To celebrate Chinese New Year we will be having a Chinese banquet (Wednesday 29th January.) We would appreciate a donation of £1 per child.
We value your support: Tips and useful information for parents and carers
Useful links to find out more information about Early Years Foundation Stage
Continuing learning at home
- Make a wild animal mask
- Make an animal using junk
- Use the internet to find out useful information
- Visit the cbeebies web page, there are numerous shows and activities linked to our themes.
- Visit the Manor Heath Jungle Experience in Halifax.
- Read every night with your child, it really will make a difference!
- Practice high frequency word spellings daily.
- Practice speed sounds daily.
- Calderdale.50thingstodo.org. This site has 50 activities to complete with your child from birth to 5.